In case you have been searching for information on the University of Pretoria, UP Application form and Requirements for admission into Undergraduate Degree, Diploma Programmes and Postgraduate for the year commencing in 2021. This post is meant for you.
Applications for the year commencing in 2021 will open in March, 2020. Candidates are advised to apply early. Space is limited in all programmes. As soon as a programme reaches its full capacity, applications for the specific programme will be closed, even if it is before the official closing date.
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA, UP ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Applications for study at the University of Pretoria in 2021 are fully online. Application for admission to undergraduate study programmes for both South African and international citizens close on specific dates in the year preceding the year of study. Check the list of closing dates supplied below to make sure that you submit your application on time.
To use the Online Application System you will need internet access, as well as an email address that you can access regularly because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
University of Pretoria, UP Undergraduate Application Procedures
- UP applications open on 1 March of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete only one online application. On the online application, the University of Pretoria offers a first and second choice in terms of what you wish to study. All applicants should fill in both a first and second choice on the online application.
- Once your online application has been processed, you will receive a student number(EMPLID).
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of Pretoria yet. Admission is a separate process that your application undergoes after being evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own online application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at your own risk. It is of utmost importance that you provide your personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education admission (Faculty of Education) please visit the “Distance Education ” web page before you apply. Different rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish to study the selection programmes BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture), you must indicate them as your first choice on your application, or you will not be considered for these programmes. It is also recommended to indicate the other selection programmes as your first choice on the online application.
UP APPLICATION FEE
APPLICATION FEE WAIVED:
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars).
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
STANDARD BANK Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
University of Pretoria, UP Postgraduate Application Procedures
University of Pretoria, UP Online Application.
The Online Application System is intended for use by new prospective students submitting an application to UP for the first time. It is not intended for students presently registered at the University of Pretoria.
To use the Online Application System you will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access regularly, because as soon as you submit your online application, a student number (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.
- Before applying at the University of Pretoria, you need to read through and understand the STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION .
- After which you can click here to Apply online for UP.