If you need information on how to apply for a Dubai visa from South Africa, you’re on the right page. Just read on to understand how to go about the whole process.
Getting a visa to Dubai is quite simple and easy. Here are the steps involved:
Step 1: Gather the required documents
Your first step is to ensure that you have all the requirements. Here is a list of the documents required for a Dubai visa application in South Africa:
- 1st to 4th Page of the Application form
- Coloured Photocopies of the First and the last two pages of the Passport
- A colored passport photograph with your full name and passport number written on its reverse side
- Guarantee / Covering Letter from Company or travel Agent / Self
- Emirates Airline confirmed ticket.
NOTE: Other documents will be required depending on which travel criteria you meet (read on for more details about this).
Step 2: Check your eligibility
Once you have gotten all the requirements, your next step is to see if you meet any of the following criteria for traveling to Dubai. If you don’t meet at least one of these criteria, your visa application will be denied:
- Travel record
- Financial records
- You are invited by an immediate family member residing in Dubai on family status.
- You are a student travelling without your parents.
Step 3: Decide what type of visa you need
When visiting Dubai, you can choose any of the three types of visas:
- Tourist visa (valid for 30 days)
- 14 days visa (valid for 2 weeks)
- 48 hours visa (valid for 2 days)
- 96 hours visa (valid for 4 days)
- 90 days visa
(There are other visa types, such as work visa and others, but those are not discussed here.)
Decide on the right option for you, based on how long you intend to spend in Dubai.
Cost of Dubai visa from South Africa
The 30 days visa costs R1475, the 14 days visa also costs R1475, and the 96 hours visa costs R610. Note that all the fees are inclusive of service charges and tax.
Step 4: Complete your application form
Download the Dubai visa application form online. (Click here to download yours now.) Complete the form carefully, providing accurate information. Ensure that your passport photos to be attached are of the specified dimensions (4.3cm x 5.5cm) and are set in a white background.
After filling the form, attach all supporting documents required as per the checklist in the form. Incompletely filled applications or those with missing documents are not accepted.
Step 5: Submit your form
Visit the Dubai visa application center with your documents, form, and other requirements. The address is 992 Arcadia St, Arcadia
The documents to be taken along to the center in addition to the required documents listed above include:
- The completed application form (a form is also available on VFS Global)
- Copy of flight ticket
- Two colour photographs with white backgrounds (size: 4.3 cm x 5.5 cm)
- Colour copy of passport (must be valid for at least six months after your departure from the UAE)
- Letter from the bank stating that you have enough funds to travel to the United Arab Emirates
- Letter from your employer stating that you are employed with your company and what position you hold
- Hotel booking confirmation (if applicable)
- Travel itinerary
Note that submission of Dubai visa applications are accepted at the center between 9.00am and 12.00 pm each day.
Contact: +27 12 342 7736 / [email protected]
Step 6: Track your application
After submitting your visa application, give 3-4 working days for your visa to be processed. You can track the status of your application here.
You can also call the National Call Centre at +27 11 783 0410 / +27 11 783 1941 (JOHANNESBURG) +27 21 423 6573 (CAPE TOWN), +27 31 584 7153 (DURBAN).
Additional points to note:
- You can apply for your visa at most 2 months prior to the date of travel, since the visa is valid for just 58 days from the date of issue.
- The Dubai visa is a single entry visa
- Your entry and exit into the United Arab Emirates must be through the Dubai airport only. But while in the country, you’re allowed to visit any part of it.
- You can apply for a Dubai visa through a travel agent, tour company, or resident in the UAE. You can also apply through Emirates Airlines — but with the condition of booking a return ticket with the airline.
If you have additional questions about Dubai visa application, send your queries to: [email protected]