Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls mean that you’ll be earning a high-quality education that will open doors for your future and benefit your career over the long term. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is globally recognized as being equivalent to those obtained from the United States or Commonwealth countries.
So if you are considering studying in Canada, you have made a great choice.
How to Apply for Canada Student Visa
There is something important I have to tell you.
You will not be allowed to visit Canada if you pose a security risk, have committed human right violations, have been once convicted of a crime or you have a serious health problems. Also, if you have a serious financial problems or have an ineligible family member accompanying you to Canada. In addition, your visa application will be declined if you lied in your application or interview.
Here is the full process of how to apply for Canada student visa from South Africa step by step guide from start to finish.
1. Confirm Canada Student Visa Eligibility
Before you apply, you will need to check your eligibility status to be sure you are qualify to apply.
Here are things to know, things you must do.
– A Canadian institution or University has offered you a provisional admission
– A proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living costs, return flights and any other future expense
– Provision of a proof that you’ve no criminal record or pose a security threat to Canada
– You need to be in good health and mental state of mind
– You must fulfill and answer all appropriate questions and also prove that you’ll return to South Africa after your authorized visa expires
2. Complete the visa Application Form
Deciding the type of Visa you are applying for should not be the question because you are going to study, therefore, you will be applying for a student Visa
There are two ways to complete your application form. You can fill it online or offline.
You can fill the form online here provided you have a scanner or a camera to create electronic copies of your document for uploading and a valid credit card for payment.
This option is recommended for South Africans.
Below are what you need to do:-
- Download the Temporary Resident Visa application forms and Instruction Guide on this page.
- The instruction guide contains all the information that will help you complete your application form correctly and successfully. The completed application must include the barcode page.
3. Fill the VFS Consent Form
Download the VFS consent form (Click here to download). Fill the form and attach it with your application form. If you don’t have this form duly completed and signed attached to your application, it will be returned to you.
4. Make Visa Application Payment
Visit the Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) to pay the required visa processing fees and the biometric fees.
Please note that you may be charged an additional $39.82 service charge at the CVAC.
You’re to pay in person by cash only at Bank Counter in the CVAC, along with submission of application.
5. Submit the Application Package
At the Canada Visa Application Center, You will submit your application form and other required documents as well as proof of payment of your visa processing and biometric fees.
Once you pay your fees, the officials will issue you a receipts. Do not misplace the receipts. This is because one of these receipts will contain a unique tracking number that you will use to track the status of your application online.
6. Track Your Application
How will you know the status and what is going in with your application? Don’t worry, you can tract it.
Using the unique tracking number in your receipt, you can track the status of your application.
7. Wait for Processing
It’s not something the official in charge will do in few hours, they need time to look into it for proper verification.
A temporary resident visa to Canada takes 14 days to process.
8. Submit your Passport
You will get a notification from the Canadian Government requesting for your passport. This is very important step on How to apply for Canada student visa from South Africa.
Once you receive notification you can submit the passport and that request letter either in person at the CVAC or by courier to the CVAC
9. Retrieve your Passport
You will get notification once your passport is ready for you to pick up. You can either pick up the passport in person or send a self-addressed courier return envelope with your passport and request letter.