If all you are searching for is UK student visa requirements in South Africa, UK priority visa fee South Africa, UK student visa fee in South Africa or maybe you want to know the UK student visa processing time or documents required for UK student visa and priority visa UK tier 4 South Africa. You should read this article to the end because I am going to show you exactly How to get student Visa to study in UK from South Africa.
Is UK a Good Choice?
The U.K. has a long, stored tradition in excellent higher education. Considering about a quarter of Bachelor’s degree awarded at U.K. universities are among the most reputed and highest ranking in the world, the United Kingdom manages to attract nearly half a million of international students each year.
My dear reader, if you have chosen United Kingdom, you are not making a mistake.
How to Get Student Visa to Study in UK
There are 3 steps you need to take to begin the journey of studying in UK. These 3 steps are very important because they will define the purpose you are going abriad.
1. Find a School and a Course
You will need to find a school and the course you want to study. One of the important thing about studying in the UK is that you will find a school where you want to apply for and also be sure your course is also available in the school.
Course entry requirements can vary depending on the university and degree you choose. The information below is only a guide so be sure to check the entry requirements for your favorite courses.
Undergraduate Studies Requirements To Study In UK
One year of undergraduate studies at a recognised South African University
Post Graduate Studies Requirement To Study In UK
You will normally be required to have an Upper Second Class Bachelor’s degree (UK 2:1 degree)
Some courses may also accept a Lower Second Class Bachelor degree (UK 2:2 degree). Some universities may also require you to have already undertaken some postgraduate level study.
When you find a school, you will find their requirements in their terms. It’s always very accessible.
2. Prepare and Submit your Application
The application process differs for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. So please pay attention to this information below.
If you wish to apply for an undergraduate degree, you will need to submit your undergraduate application via UCAS(Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
If you wish to apply for a postgraduate degree, you will need to apply directly to the University of your choice via their own online application system. Contact your chosen university to find out more.
3. Pay attention to Eligibility
Check if you are eligible for a UK student visa before you even start at all.
Individuals that are eligible to apply for this type of UK Study visa are:
1. A South African with a complete passport document,
2. Provisional admission offered by a UK school or university, this can be represented with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number (CAS),
3. Evidence of financial support for the course and yourself.
This mean that people who will be accepted are those who have enough money to cover their course fees and costs of living or those whose parents or guardian can sponsor through their schooling and living in the UK.
How to Travel to UK as a Student – Full Process Summary
The steps shown below will provide you with all the information on how to travel to the UK as a Student:
1. Get a South African Passport
– Visit the South African Immigration office in your state
– Request for an official international passport
2. Apply for Admissions
– Check for schools in a UK, Scotland or Irish City or University of Interest
– Know their entry requirements and deadline
– Prepare for tests (these can include IELTS English proficiency test, scholarship exams, etc), write a statement of purpose, request references
– Apply for an admission following the entry requirements rules
3. Apply for Visa
– Visa appointment procedure
– Visa application filling procedures
– Passport submission and collection
– Wait for visa processing and approval
4. Book a Flight
– Ensure you book a flight closer to the city which you intend to study.