In this article, we will take a look at the necessary admission requirements to study Mechatronics at the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) needed by a candidate before gaining admission in the school.
This post entails all the important things you need to know about the Admission requirements for Mechatronic Engineering in NMU.
You will learn about the Entry requirements for Mechatronics in NMU. This information might change from time to time, therefore you are encouraged to check the updated information before you submit your application.
Requirements to Study Mechatronics at NMU
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
- Minimum NSC statutory requirements for degree entry must be met.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematics requires a minimum Applicant Score of 410.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 60% for Mathematics.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 65% for Physical Sciences.
- Applicants who completed all modules in the Higher Certificate (Mechatronic Engineering) qualification, with an academic average of 65%, with minimum of 60% for Mathematics 1001 (MAT1001), and minimum of 65% for Physical Sciences 1001 (PHY1001) may be considered. No credits will be given for any modules completed as part of the Higher Certificate in Mechatronics Engineering qualification.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008
- Senior Certificate with matriculation exemption/endorsement and an aggregate of 60%.
- Mathematics (minimum HG=C) and Physical Science (minimum HG=D).
- Learners must score at least 29 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Only those applicants who meet the direct entry criteria will be considered for this course.
- Reading, speaking and writing competence in the language of instruction, which would be English.
- Adults from engineering-related jobs/occupations and fields of activity with appropriate prior learning may also apply for admission.