Thoko Didiza (born 2 June 1965) is a South African politician who is currently serving as Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform, and Rural Development.
She previously held the post of Minister of Agriculture and Land Affairs from 17 June 1999 to 22 May 2006.
Didiza later held the post of Minister of Public Works from 22 May 2006 to 25 September 2008.
Thoko Didiza Age
She was born on the 2nd of June 1965 in the city of Durban, South Africa. As of 2021, she is 56 years old.
Thoko Didiza Husband
She is married to Thami Didiza and together, they have five children.
- 1986: She was appointed the treasurer of the Natal Women’s Organisation.
- 1987: She became a member of the Women’s Advisory Committee of the South African Council of Churches (SACC).
- 1987- 1989: She worked with the Diakonia Social Action Network as a programme officer.
- 1989: She became an executive member of the Inter-church Youth, SACC.
- March 1989- 1993: She was the World Affiliated Young Women’s Christian Association’s (YWCA) coordinator in South Africa.
- 1991: The politician joined the Women’s Development Bank as an associate member.
- 1992- 1994: She became the new National General Secretary of the Women’s National Coalition.
- 1992: She attended the International Youth Leadership Training in Norway as a facilitator.
- 1993- 1994: She served as the National Deputy General Secretary for the South African Council of YWCA.
- 2005: She became a Young Global Leader.
- June 1999- May 2006: She was South Africa’s Minister of Agriculture and Land Affairs.
- May 2006 to September 2008: She served as the Minister of Public Works.
Thoko Didiza who is is currently serving as the Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform, and Rural Development is a member of the African National Congress (ANC).
She has an estimated net worth of $1 million which she has earned as a politician.