The Aspire Leaders Program, a fully funded leadership development program founded by Harvard Business School professors, transforms the lives of underserved youth worldwide and enables them to impact their community. Welcoming emerging young leaders to take advantage of this opportunity to represent their culture among peers worldwide and gain access to life-changing networks, grants, and educational opportunities.
Apply to the Aspire Leaders Program
Talent exists among youth around the world. Discover your potential or encourage others to learn more and apply. Proceed to the application form here.
About the Aspire Leaders Program
Who is it for?
This program is for students from social and financial adversity backgrounds. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- First-generation to attend university, meaning their parents did not complete an undergraduate degree
- Low-income background
- Ages 18-26
- Current undergraduate students or recent graduates
- OR students impacted by armed conflict and/or a natural disaster
For more details about eligibility, please see the FAQ.
- A global network of peers and young change-makers
- Fully funded HarvardX certificate
- Seminars with Harvard faculty and world-class educators
- Mentorship and networking
- Community impact grants of up to $10,000
- Academic and professional grants up to $1,000
What are the program opportunities?
Through the program, students will:
Gain access to fully-funded HarvardX courses and leadership development tools.
Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
Apply for grant and mentorship opportunities.
Does this program require travel?
All stages of the Aspire Leaders Program are delivered online. We suggest access to the internet and a mobile device, laptop, tablet, or computer.
Is English knowledge required?
All stages are delivered in English; however, if English is your second language or you are not 100% fluent, we still encourage you to apply and do your best.
Am I eligible if I have applied before?
If you applied for the 2022 program, you are eligible to apply again – unless you are an alumnus and completed all five stages. Congratulations on your perseverance!
Students who apply by the Early Action Deadline will be the first cohort to progress through each stage in 2023. You will be welcomed to Stage 1 on a rolling basis and continue from there. The Aspire Leaders Program is competitive, and we strongly encourage you to submit your application early.
Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Program, students will continue through a multi-stage selection process, culminating in the finalist program, delivered virtually. This occurs 4-5 months after the application deadline.
What are the outcomes?
Aspire Institute’s leadership development offerings will tangibly support the next steps of your journey as a young leader. The Aspire alumni network is a dynamic and diverse group spanning countries worldwide. Membership in this group provides access to regional cohorts, affinity networks, and a lifelong community of peers and educators worldwide.
Application Deadline: Saturday, Dec. 2nd at 11:59 p.m. EST (Boston, USA)Cohort 1 Program Dates: Jan. – March, 2024
- Complete a simple 15-20 minute application and meet the eligibility requirements to be invited to stage one of this multi-stage program.
- Inquiry Form: https://www.aspireleaders.org/inquire-about-aspire-leaders-program/