Hanneli Rupert is a South African entrepreneur who is the founder and director of Okapi, a luxurious handbag line. She is also the Creative Director and Buyer of Merchants on Long. Hanneli had her Bachelor of Arts in Painting from the Wimbledon School of Arts.
In 2010, Hanneli Rupert opened concept store Merchants of Long to showcase the artisanal talents of Africa.
Hanneli Rupert Family
She is the daughter of Johann Rupert who is a South African tycoon and Gaynor Rupert. She is a sister to Anton Rupert Jr and Caroline Rupert.
Hanneli Rupert Career
- August 2008 – Present: Founder, CEO and Creative Director of Okapi.
- 2010 – Present: Creative Director and Buyer of Merchants on Long.
- February 2014 – Present: Young Global Leader at World Economic Forum.
- January 2009 – August 2011: DJ at 2oceansvibe Media.
- 2008 – 2011: Event Organiser at L’Ormarins Queens Plate.
- March 2008 – August 2008: Intern at Athens Biennale.
- January 2002: Art Therapy Assistant at Imibala.