iStudent Academy is a private institution that offers approved full-time, part-time, and online IT, design, CAD, and business training. The Academy is proud of giving small, personalized sessions to students who have a genuine interest in technology.
The Academy is over ten years old and has teamed up with quality assurance organisations that are globally renowned.
Over R440 000 in bursaries were awarded to eligible students at the iStudent Academy in 2021.
iStudent Academy Bursary Programme
iStudent Academy is inviting students to apply for their bursary competition, for the 2022 academic year. The Academy will be awarding 20 bursaries – 4 at each of their 5 campuses located in: Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg and Cape Town).
The bursary will cover studies towards these SAQA accredited and Internationally accredited qualifications:
- 1 year IT (Microsoft Certified in Programming or Networking)
- 2 Year IT Engineering (Microsoft Certified Programming, Networking and Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- 2 Year Graphic Design (Adobe Certified Associate)
- 2 Year Computer Aided Design and Draughting (Autodesk Certified User)
iStudent Academy Bursary Courses
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees only. Students are required to cover all other expenses, which include but are not limited to: accommodation, meals, travel, etc.
Eligibility Requirements for the iStudent Academy Bursary Programmes
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric OR must be currently in Matric
- You must be 30 years old or younger
- You must intend on studying full-time towards one of the following qualifications in 2022 (this must be your first choice of study)
- You must read and agree to the Terms & Conditions (listed below)
- You must have attended an iStudent Academy Open Day or Workshop
- You must be fluent in English as lectures and study materials are in English (able to read, write and speak in English)
iStudent Academy Bursary Terms and Conditions
All applicants must read and agree to these T&C’s before applying:
- You must meet all of the minimum entry criteria.
- You must apply before or on the closing date.
- If you are successful in being awarded the bursary, you will be required to pay the registration fee within 60 days of acceptance, and follow the standard registration process.
- Bursary recipients may be required to complete an entrance exam in order to confirm they qualify for the specific course.
- Successful bursary recipients will be announced on 27 November 2021, and further details will be provided closer to the time.
- Bursary recipients must be willing to be interviewed and photographed for any promotional or marketing material by iStudent Academy.
- Final decisions will be made by the panel of judges.
How to Apply for the iStudent Academy Bursary
Download and complete the iStudent Academy Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Letter of recommendation to support your application (from your school or work)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians 3 months bank statements
- Essay based on the title: “My passion for technology”
Applications may be submitted in one of the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
Delivery to any of these iStudent Academy Campuses:
– Durban Campus: 16 Peter Mokaba Ridge, Berea, Durban, 4001
– Pietermaritzburg Campus: 460 Town Bush Road, Pietermaritzburg 3201 Cascades, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
– Bloemfontein Campus: 6 Bermakor Park, 52 Reid St, Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9301
– Johannesburg Campus: 0B Forest Road Pineslopes Office Park Block C, Sandton, 2191
– Cape Town Campus: 1 Century City Dr, Century City, Cape Town, 7441
iStudent Academy Bursary Closing Date
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)