Gifted and well-educated youth is a prerequisite for a prosperous nation. The best gift to give young talent is to give them the opportunity to spread their wings and fly. The FEM bursary program supports South African students to enable them to realize their full potential and assist contribute to the country’s progress.
FEM Education Foundation
The FEM Education Foundation was founded in 2016 as a nonprofit. When it was created, it was meant to be a corporate and social investment in education in South Africa.
The FEM foundation has joined up with NGOs to further their educational goals. The key player in this area is a partnership of four organizations: Mad Leadership Foundation, Partners for Possibilities, Columba, and the Wande Family.
Every one of these partners has a specialized role to play in helping to implement various areas of education, and this supports the overall mission of FEM. The FEM Education Foundation, in furtherance of its goal of contributing to the advancement of education for the population of South Africa, puts out significant effort.
Overview of FEM Bursary Program
Through their bursary program, FEM lends a helping hand to deserving students. This bursary aims to provide financial aid to underprivileged students and nurture the future of South Africa.
Through their bursary offering, FEM aims to help the committed individuals to achieve their qualifications that will contribute towards the field of Faculty of Engineering and the Built environment and the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The FEM bursary program is specifically aimed to assist those students who are academic performers but lack the means to fund their education.
FEM Bursary Eligibility Requirements
To receive the benefits of this bursary program students are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The bursary is provided only to South African students
- Those applying for this bursary must have a good financial standing with their university. There should not be any outstanding fees for the previous academic year.
- Disadvantaged and financially weak students will be given the top priority.
- Applicants must showcase a good academic record.
- The household income of a student should not exceed R360, 000, 00.
- A student must have been accepted to study at a South African public university or any other approved institution.
- Students applying for the bursary must have completed first year study.
FEM Bursary Coverage
The FEM bursary program covers the following expenditure of the students
- Full-time tuition and registration fee
- All the prescribed textbooks and stationery
- Monthly stipend
- Meals and accommodation are provided to the students after approval from FEM
- Students may also receive a laptop (at the discretion of FEM)
How to apply for the FEM Bursary?
Students can apply for the bursary program online, click here to start the application process: FEM Bursary Application 2022
Apart from filling in the required details, students must also submit the following documents. In case any documents are missing, the bursary can reject their application.
- South African ID document
- FEM bursary application form
- Proof of income of parents or guardians (payslips)
- Social grant documentation (if applicable)
- Latest academic record
- Death certificate of parents if the parents are dead
- Divorce certificate of parents if the parents are divorced
- An affidavit stating that the parents/guardians are unemployed or do not provide financial assistance to the applicant.
- In the absence of a valid ID document or if you are younger than 16 years of age you may submit an unabridged birth certificate.
- Students are also required to submit ID proof of their parents/guardian
- The payslip of the earning member of the family must not be older than 3 months
- An official pension slip or bank statement must be submitted in case the parent/guardian has retired
- If the parent/guardian is an informal trader then the applicant must submit an affidavit signed by them
- If there is no official income proof one can submit the source of income/allowance per individual with an affidavit
- All the submitted documents must be certified at the South African Police Service or South African Post Office.
- If there is a dependent student, the applicant is required to submit proof of registration from the tertiary institution.
FEM Bursary Closing Date
The closing date of application is 03 September 2021