Herman Mashaba (born 26 August 1959) is a South African entrepreneur, founder of a cosmetics company, Black Like Me, politician and former Mayor of Johannesburg.
He was born in Hammanskraal, South Africa. His company, “Black Like Me”, was launched on Valentine’s Day in 1985 with a R30,000 loan from his friend, businessman Walter Dube.
|Full Name||Herman Mashaba|
|Date of Birth||26 August 1959 (61 years old)|
|Net Worth||$100 million|
Herman Mashaba Age
He was born on the 26th of August 1959 in Hammanskraal, South Africa. As of 2020, he is 61 years old.
Herman Mashaba Wife
Herman is currently married to Connie Mashaba and together they have two children, Khensani Mashaba and Rhulani Mashaba.
- 2008 – Present: Non-Executive Director at Stefanutti Stocks Holdings Limited.
- 2008 – Present: Deputy Chairman at Growthpoint Properties Limited.
- 2006 – Present: Independent Non-Executive Director at Edcon Holdings (Proprietary) Limited.
- 2004 – Present: Non-Executive Director at Metboard Properties Limited.
- 2002 – Present: Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Leswikeng Minerals & Energy (Pty) Limited.
- 2002 – Present: Chairman of Consolidated Power Projects (Pty) Limited.
- Non-Executive Director at Black Like Me (Pty) Limited.
- Non-Executive Director at Business Development, Aerosud Holdings (Pty).
- Non-Executive Chairman at Buildingworks Group Limited.
- Chairman at Stocks Building Africa (Pty) Limited.
- 2007 – 2010: Director at CONSOLIDATED INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP
- 1985 – 2004: Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Black Like Me (Pty) Limited.
- Non-Executive Chairman at Consolidated Infrastructure Group.
- Non-Executive Director of SEA KAY Holdings Limited.
- 2005: Honorary Award by UNISA for Outstanding Entrepreneur and Leader in the Business Environment.
- 2003: Award for Entrepreneurial Leadership by Henley Management College.
- 2001: SABC/Tribute Achievers Award.
- 1994: Marketing Person of the Year by the Institute of Marketing Management.
- 1994: New Nation/Engen Businessman of the Year.
He is believed to have an estimated net worth of around $100 million.
- 2017: Black Like You: An Autobiography.
- 2015: Capitalist Crusader: Fighting Poverty Through Economic Growth
Tel: 011 407 7309
Email: [email protected]