Mogoeng Thomas Mogoeng (born 14 January 1961) is the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa. He was appointed by Jacob Zuma on 8 September 2011.
He is also a pastor at the Winners Chapel International Church in Highlands North, Johannesburg.
|Full Name||Wendy Donna Appelbaum|
|Date of Birth||14 January 1961 (59 years old)|
|Net Worth||R20 million|
Mogoeng Mogoeng Age
He was born on 14 January 1961 in Goo-Mokgatha (Koffiekraal) in the North West Province of South Africa. As of 2020, he is 59 years old.
He was born to Gaboipone and Setshwaelo Herbert Mogoeng. He was born and raised in Goo-Mokgatha, where he spent most of early life.
His father was a miner and his mother was a domestic worker. Mogoeng is the eldest child of three sons.
He attended Mokgatlha Primary School and later on proceeded to high school where he was politically active.
In 1983, he obtained a Bachelor of Jurispendence degree from the University of Zululand.
He went on to receive a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Natal in 1985.
He also holds a Master of Laws degree from the University of South Africa.
Mogoeng Mogoeng Wife
He is married to Mmaphefo Mogoeng and they have three children, two daughters and a son.
His children are Oteng, Johanna and Mogaetsha Mogoeng.
- 1986 – 1990: Prosecutor of the Supreme Court in Mafikeng, North West Province.
- 1991: Worked as an advocate in Johannesburg
- 1992 – 1993: Worked as a part-time senior lecturer at the University of the North-West Mafikeng campus.
- 1994: Worked with Independence Electoral Commission.
- 1997: Appointed as the Judge of the North West High Court.
- 2000: Appointed as the Judge of the Labour Appeal Court.
- 2002: Appointed as Judge President of the North West High Court.
- 2009: Appointed to the Constitutional Court of the Republic of South Africa
- 2011: He was appointed as the Chief Justice of South Africa.
- 2017: President of the Conference of Constitutional Jurisdictions of Africa
- 2017: Appointed as Chancellor by the Council of the University of KwaZulu-Natal
He earns an estimated R235,255 per month.
Awards and Recognitions
- Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of the North West.
- Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Johannesburg.