Mukuru is one of the easiest ways to send and receive cash around Africa. They have made it easy for your friends and family to receive money. Mukuru has partnered with multiple stores and banks to make the process easy and convenient.
Ways To Receive Money
1. Mukuru card top-up
Recipients with a Mukuru card can get money transferred to their card anytime, 24/7 – 7 days a week. Mukuru will send SMS notification and email to both the sender and recipient informing you of the status of the transaction. This transfer will take up to 24 hours.
2. Money received to a mobile wallet
Once the money appears in your mobile wallet you may withdraw the cash in the normal manner. This transaction is immediate.
3. Collect cash at a Mukuru branch, orange booth or payout partner
1. Find a Location
2. Remember your documents. Please bring along:
- Your order number
- Valid Identity Document (e.g. driving licence or passport)
- You may be asked to provide proof of address
3. Complete a receipt form
Mukuru will SMS the recipient collection details as soon as we receive your payment. Recipients will be able to collect from any of our payout partners.
4. Receive money into a bank account
There will be no need to do anything as the money will automatically appear in your account within 48 hours. There will be no need to do anything as the money will automatically appear in your account within 48 hours.