South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT) invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
Members of the South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT) can apply for bursary assistance for the 2022 academic year if they are already SASMT members. SASMT members who are in financial need are eligible for bursaries, and are continuing their musical studies.
A total of two bursaries are given every two years by SASMT and the level of financial support will depend on the quantity of money that are available for the benefit of SASMT members.
The application process will be completed by the end of November 2021, and applicants will be notified of the results. In order to be considered for a spot as a successful recipient, you will have to submit a paper at the biennial SASMT National Conference.
Closing Date: 15 September 2021
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards a music qualification
- You must be registered to study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be an existing paid-up SASMT member, for a minimum of 2 years
- You must be in financial need
How to apply for SASMT Bursary
Download and complete the SASMT Teacher Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photo in electronic format (approximately 500px in height)
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter to support your application, explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
- Recommendation by a SASMT member
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SASMT Teacher Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).