Tito Titus Mboweni (born 16 March 1959) is the current Minister of Finance of South Africa. He was sworn in as Minister of Finance on 9 October 2018.
Mboweni was the eighth Governor of the South African Reserve Bank thereby becoming the first Black South African to hold that position.
Tito Mboweni Age
He was born on the 16th of March 1959 in Tzaneen, Limpopo, South Africa. As of 2023, he is 64 years old and celebrates his birthday on March 16th every year.
Tito Mboweni Education
Between 1979 and 1980, he attended the University of the North where he registered for a Bachelor of Commerce degree. He, however, did not complete his studies there and left South Africa in 1980 to go into exile.
Mboweni was Deputy Head of the Department of Economic Policy in the ANC.
He was a member of the ANC’s National Executive and National Working Committees and also represented the ANC on several domestic and international platforms.
From May 1994 to July 1998, he served as Minister of Labour in South African President Nelson Mandela’s cabinet.
He joined the SARB in July 1998 as Advisor to the Governor. e succeeded Dr Chris Stals as Governor of the Reserve Bank on 8 August 1999.
- World Bank, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (since 2018)
- Joint World Bank-IMF Development Committee, Member (since 2018)
- Asia School of Business, Member of the Board of Governors (since 2015)
- 2015 – Honorary Professor, School of Economic and Business Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand
- 2001 – Honorary Doctorate of Economics, University of Natal
He has an estimated net worth of $1 million to $5 million which he has earned from his career.