Judy Dlamini (born 10 July 1959) is a South African businesswoman and author. She is also the founding chairman of Mbekani Group and the Chancellor of the University of the Witwatersrand.
From November 2007 until December 2015, Judy served as chairman of the board at Aspen Pharmacare Holdings while concurrently serving as non-executive director from July 2005 until December 2015.
She is a qualified medical doctor, accomplished businesswoman with an MBA and PhD in business leadership, and author. Judy is one of the richest black women in South Africa.
Judy Dlamini Age
She was born on the 10th of July 1959 in Westville, Kwa-Zulu Natal to Thomas and Rita. As of 2020, Judy is 61 years old.
Judy Dlamini Husband
She is married to Sizwe Nxasana who is a businessman and former CEO of FirstRand. He is the co-founder of the Sifiso Learning Group and holds a record as one of the first black chartered accountants in South Africa.
Judy Dlamini Son Death
In 2012 tragedy struck the family when their son, Sifiso Nxasana (22 June 1984 to 3 Feb 2012) passed away.
She attended the University of Natal where she earned a degree in MBChB becoming a Medical Doctor in 1985. Judy earned a Diploma in Occupational Health (1995-96) where she studied at the University of Free State where
She later attended the University of Witwatersrand, Wits, where she bagged an MBA. Judy in 2014 obtained a Doctor of Business Leadership, University of South Africa. She earned the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, Stanford University in 2018.
She has published two bestselling books which are Equal but Different and The Other Story.
- Lifetime Achiever Award, African Economy Builder (2016).
- Global CEO’s Africa’s Most Influential Woman in Business and Government (2016).
- Fabulous Woman Award (2016).
- Woman of Substance Award, AWCA (2018).
- Leadership in Practice Awards, UNISA (2018).
- Woman in Leadership Award, Unisa Graduate School of Business Leadership (2018).
- Honorary Doctorate in Business, Nelson Mandela University (2018).
- Honorary Doctorate in Economics, University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) in Economics (2019).
She is believed to have an estimated net worth of about R124 million making her one of the richest women in South Africa.
- Chair | ASPEN PHARMACARE HOLDINGS LTD – 2007 – present
- Non-Executive Director | Imithi Investments (Pty)Ltd – 2005 – present
- Non-Executive Director | RRL Holdings (Pty) Ltd – 2005 – present
- Non-Executive Director | GIJIMA GROUP LTD – 2005 – present
- Non-Executive Director | ASPEN PHARMACARE HOLDINGS LTD – 2005 – present
- Non-Executive Director | NORTHAM PLATINUM LTD – 2004 – present
- Managing Director | Mbekani Group – 1996 – present
- Consultant | Portnet – Transportation and Logistics
- Consultant | TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL – Transportation and Logistics
- Chair | Mbekani Investment Holdings (Pty) Limited
- Consultant | Divpac
- Non-Executive Director | Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre
2004 – 2005
- Non-Executive Director | DISCOVERY LTD – 2002
- Senior Manager | HSBC Investment Bank – Johannesburg | 2002 – 2003
- Consultant | HSBC Investment Bank – Johannesburg | 2001 – 2002
- Director | DISCOVERY LTD
- Director | WOOLWORTHS HOLDINGS LTD – Consumer Goods, Fashion and Retail
- Chairperson | Transformation and Remuneration Committees | DISCOVERY LTD
- Consultant | RCL FOODS LTD
TERTIARY EDUCATIONAL HISTORY
- University of KwaZulu-Natal – Completed 1985 – MBChB
- University of the Free State – Completed 1996 – Diploma in Occupational Health
- University of the Witwatersrand – Completed 1999 – Master of Business Administration
Dr Judy Dlamini’s ACHIEVEMENTS
- Intellidex Richest Women in South Africa List | 2012
Judy Dlamini’s Email