In this article, we will take a look at the necessary admission requirements to study Accounting at the University of Cape Town (UCT) needed by a candidate before gaining admission in the school.
- B.Com (General Accountant) (GA option)
- B.Com (Chartered Accountant) commonly referred to as the C.A. option
- B.Com (Law and Accounting)
This post entails all the important things you need to know about the Admission requirements for Accounting in UCT.
You will learn about the Entry requirements for Accounting in UCT. This information might change from time to time, therefore you are encouraged to check the updated information before you submit your application
Requirements to Study Accounting at UCT
Applicants need to write both of the National Benchmark Tests (Academic
Literacy and Quantitative Literacy, and Mathematics) at the earliest opportunity.
The results of these tests may lead to an early offer.
Offers will be based on the following:
- Academic results from your NSC based on your percentage score for your top
six subjects. Life Orientation is excluded from the calculation of your Faculty
Points Score (FPS).
- Performance in both of the National Benchmark Tests (AQL and MAT). A maximum of two attempts will be allowed. For further information about NBT dates and venues, please visit www.nbt.ac.za or call the NBT Helpline on
021 650 3523.
- Performance in Mathematics and English in your final matric exam.
- Your Grade 11 and Grade 12 final results.
|ALL APPLICANTS||BAND A FPS||GUARANTEED ADMISSION
FPS of 480 or above
|ALL APPLICANTS||BAND B FPS||PROBABLE ADMISSION
FPS of 440 – 479
Minimum required for possible admission
FPS of 425 or above
|Only SA applicants in targeted redress race groups with a disadvantage factor greater than 1||BAND C FPS||POSSIBLE ADMISSION TO THE COMMERCE EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT UNIT (EDU)
FPS of 420 or above