Unathi Msengana (née Nkayi) is a South African actress, singer and radio personality popular for hosting shows on youth station YFM and Metro Fm’s drivetime show with Glen Lewis. She also co-hosted the third season of the reality competition Popstars in 2004 alongside Rowan Cloete.
Unathi Msengana Age
The SA celebrity was born on the 6th of November 1978, in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, South Africa. As of 2019, she is 41 years old.
Unathi Msengana Education
She had her high school education at Victoria Girls High school and attended Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa, where she studied Journalism and drama. She was also a student at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands where she studied International Media Studies and her degree.
Unathi Msengana Husband and Marriage
She got married to DJ Thomas Msengana who is popularly known as Bad Boy T on the 19th of September 2009. In the year 2017, they got separated and this was confirmed by the actress during a TV interview on eNCA.
When asked if she and her husband were still together Unathi said “no we are not” she, however, says they are in a good space because they are family. The estranged couple has two children together.
Unathi Msengana Children
Msengana has two children, a son Sinako and a daughter Imbo.
Unathi Msengana Awards And Nominations
- She was nominated twice at the South African music awards (SAMAs).
- She was nominated for Best Urban Pop Album at the SAMAs.
- She was named as one of the top ten people in media by the Star newspaper in 2004 and 2005.
- She was named the most promising woman in media at the MTN Media Awards.
- She got two awards at the Metro FM music award for song of the year and best-dressed artist.
- She was given the Glamour woman of the year at the Media Star in 2014.
Unathi Msengana Albums
- With Love
- Brave, True and Strong
Unathi Msengana Songs
- Kwa Nolali
- Let Him Be