Barbara Creecy (born 17 June 1958) is a South African politician who currently serves as the Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries. She was appointed minister by President Cyril Ramaphosa on 29 May 2019.
Creecy is a member of the African National Congress and a Member of the National Assembly of South Africa.
Barbara Creecy Age
She was born on 17 June 1958. Creecy is 62 years old as of 2020.
Barbara Creecy Education
She holds Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of the Witwatersrand and a master’s degree in Public Policy and Management from the University of London.
Barbara Creecy Husband
Creecy is divorced and has two from her previous marriage.
Barbara Creecy Career
Creecy is one of the longest serving Members of the Provincial Legislature. She joined the legislature in 1994, and until 2004, served in different portfolios including Deputy Chief Whip as well as Chairperson of the Social Development and Education Committees.
In 2004 she was appointed MEC for Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture. After the General Elections in 2009, she moved to the Education portfolio.
Following the May 2019 elections, Creecy took office as a Member of the National Assembly. The media speculated that she would be appointed to the National Finance Department, as either Minister or Deputy Minister.
On 29 May 2019, President Cyril Ramaphosa appointed her to the post of Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries at National Executive (Executive) since 29th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) since 22nd May 2019
- Member at African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- 53rd Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2019 (Election List) from 23rd April 2019 until 8th May 2019
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (128): Randfontein (Constituency Office) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member at Gauteng Provincial Legislature (Provincial-Legislature) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member-elect at Gauteng Provincial Legislature (Provincial-Legislature) from 16th May 2014 until 21st May 2014
- 2nd Candidate at African National Congress Provincial Gauteng Election List 2014 (Election List) from 22nd April 2014 until 7th May 2014
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (137): Lesedi (Constituency Office) from 10th May 2014 until 6th May 2014
- Provincial Legislature Member at Gauteng Provincial Legislature (Provincial-Legislature) until 6th May 2014
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (137): Lesedi (Constituency Office) until 6th May 2014
Barbara Creecy Net Worth
Creecy has an estimated net worth of $500 000 which she has earned from her successful career.
- 012 3103 537