Registering the Birth of a Child Born Within Wedlock in South Africa


child born within wedlock

When both parents have granted consent, children born out of wedlock can be registered under the surnames of both parents (subject to the signatures on the margin).

Form BI-24 must be filled out (in black ink only) and sent to the nearest Department of Home Affairs office if you are in South Africa, or the nearest South African embassy, mission, or consulate if you are outside of South Africa.

  Top 20 Dirtiest Cities in Africa 2020

An unabridged birth certificate is issued free of charge once the child’s birth has been registered, usually a day or two after the registration application has been submitted.


Leave a Reply