Metro FM is a national radio station in South Africa owned by the South African Broadcasting Corporation. The radio station broadcasts on FM Stereo as well as the DStv Bouquet Channel 801.
Metro FM is a mentor and guide for youthful urban adults that embrace a pragmatic and successful life to actively transform with their constantly changing environment.
Frame of reference point of difference
Metro FM is music focused progressive lifestyle brand. It epitomizes black success and leadership, with attitude. Its listeners are high achievers with a lot of style, confidence, potential and the enviable ability to feel at home in modern South Africa.
The brand tone and manner
- Quality – Fun
- Black – Global
- Cosmopolitan – Confident
- Full of Attitude – Exclusive
- Stylish – Trendsetter
Play list genres include
- Hip Hop
- Contemporary Jazz
- Entertainment – music, features and competitions
- Information – news, weather, sport, financial, and traffic reports
- Community – fundraising, sponsorships, events
- Advertising platform
- Lifestyle – reflect the social, economic, developmental, fashion
- Over 4 Million Listeners and Counting
- Over 1.2 Million Facebook Likes and Counting
- Over 800 thousand Twitter Followers and Counting
- Metro FM Weekend – Shut Down
- Up Close and Personal
- Music Lounge
- I AM Woman Experience
- Birthday Celebration
- Metro FM Music Awards.
- Metro FM Heatwave
- Love Movement (picnic)
Core Age Group: 25 – 34yrs
Secondary Age Group: 16-24 LSM 6+
Epicenter (yr): 30 yr old LSM 7+
METRO FM is headquartered at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) in Auckland Park, Johannesburg