Tony Cox (born 24 January 1954) is a Zimbabwean-born guitarist and composer based in Cape Town, South Africa. A master of the fingerpicking style of guitar playing, he has won the SAMA (South African Music Awards) for best instrumental album thrice.
His music incorporates many different styles including classical, blues, rock and jazz, while keeping an African flavour.
Tony Cox Age
He was born on 24 January 1954 in Redcliff, Zimbabwe. Coz is 66 years old as of 2020.
Tony Cox Career
Cox was born in a small mining town called Redcliff in Rhodesia (present-day Zimbabwe). He began playing the guitar at the age of nine, learning Hawaiian guitar from Archie Perreira. After Tony and his family moved to Cape Town, he began to study classical guitar at the age of 19.
Tony Cox Albums
- 101 Ways to use an acoustic guitar (1983) with Steve Newman
- Out of Line (1984) Out of Print Cassette
- Planetarium Live (c. 1989) with Steve Newman – Out of Print Cassette
- In to nation (1991) Out of Print LP
- Alive at Le Plaza (1993) with Steve Newman – Out of Print Cassette
- Cool friction (1996)
- Looking for Zim (1998)
- Matabele ants (2001), SA Award-Winner
- The Aquarian Quartet – Live (2002)
- China (2003)SA Award-Winner
- About time (2002) with Steve Newman
- Tony Cox – In Concert at the Grahamstown National Festival of the Arts (2005)
- Blue Anthem featuring Benguela (2007)SA Award-Winner
- Audient (2008)
- Tony Cox & Steve Newman – Return of the Road Warriors (2010)
- The Summer Comes My loves (2011)
- Padkos (2014)
- Enormous Flowers (2017)
Tony Cox Net Worth
Cox has an estimated net worth of $1 million.
- The contents of this page are sourced from Wikipedia article on 28 Nov 2020. The contents are available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.