Deepak Ram (born 11 May 1960) is a South African born flautist, composer, keyboard player and producer of Indian origin. Deepak is considered a master of bansuri, an Indian flute of ancient origin made from bamboo.
He is a senior disciple of world renowned bansuri maestro Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia under whom he studied Indian classical music. Deepak’s versatile playing and breadth of musical repertoire melds classical and improvisational techniques of Indian Raga, Jazz, Blues and Flamenco into a fusion that has garnered critical acclaim internationally.
Deepak Ram Age
Ram was born on 11 May 1960. He is 60 years old as of 2020
Deepak Ram Early Life
Deepak Ram Career
Deepak Ram Albums
- Flute for Thought (1999)
- Searching for Satyam (2000)
- Prasad (Blessing) with Pandit Swapan Chaudhuri (2002)
- Beauty in Diversity (2002)
- Samvad (Conversation) with Ustad Tari Khan (2005)
- One Breath with Pandit Anindo Chatterjee (2007)
- Steps (2008)
- Flute Tales (2013)
- Incandescent (2016)
- Indentured Blue (2020)
Live in California with Pandit Anindo Chatterjee (includes interviews with Deepak Ram and Pt. Anindo Chatterjee
- ‘Sun Zara’, a debut album by Chinmayi on Worldwide Records label.
- Buddha Bar I
- Buddha Bar III
- Juno Reactor – Shango (2000)
- Dead Bees on a Cake
- Juno Reactor – Labyrinth (2004)
- Civilization VI – India
Deepak Ram Net Worth
Ram has an estimated net worth of $300 000.