Emtee (born 15 September 1992) whose real name is Mthembeni Ndevu is a popular South African rapper who is best known for his hit single ‘Roll Up’.
His debut album ‘Avery’ was certified platinum by RISA on 1st July 2016.
In this post, you’ll discover many things you didn’t know about Emtee and his career in the music industry.
|Full Name||Mthembeni Ndevu|
|Date of Birth||15 September 1992 (28 years old)|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
He was born on the 15th of September 1992 in Matatiele, Eastern Cape and grew up in Rockville, Soweto, Gauteng. He is 28 years old as of 2020.
Emtee is engaged to his long-time girlfriend Nicole Kendall Chinsamy.
He says he would like to marry Nicole sooner rather than later but she wants to complete her studies and start a business before they can walk down the aisle.
Nicole is still studying and she’s in her second year of studying fashion design at Sew Africa.
He has a son who was born in 2015. His debut album Avery was named after his son. He has another baby Logan who was born on 30th January 2018.
He has an estimated net worth of about 3 million dollars which he has earned from his musical career.
- Roll Up
- Pearl Thusi
- We Up
- Pray for me
- Feel me now
- U Got It
- Mamie Game
- Where were you
- About Me
- Tell Me
- 2016: Best New International Act during the 2016 BET Awards Viewers’ Choice
- 2016: Amstel Record of the year ‘Roll Up’ during the 22nd South African Music Awards.
- 2016: Best Rap Album ‘Avery’ during the 22nd South African Music Awards
- 2015: Song of the year ‘Roll Up’ during the South African Hip Hop Awards
- 2015: Best Remix ‘Roll Up’ during the South African Hip Hop Awards
- 2015: Best Hip Hop Album ‘Avery’ at Metro FM Music Awards
- 2015: He won the Listeners Choice award during the Metro FM Music Awards.
Rap album of the year
Male artist of the year
Best newcomer of the year
Album of the year
Record of the year
He won the Record of the year & Rap album of the year at the 22nd SAMA Awards in 2016.
View this post on Instagram