Electrical engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetic.
After the commercialization of the electric telegraph, telephone, and electric power distribution and consumption in the latter half of the nineteenth century, this field became a recognizable occupation.
Electronics become a part of daily life as a result of broadcasting and recording media. The transistor, and later the integrated circuit, reduced electronics’ costs down to the point that they could be utilized in practically any home item.
Electrical engineers usually have a bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronic engineering. Professional qualification and membership in a professional organisation are optional for practicing engineers. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) are two such organizations (formerly the IEE).
Electrical engineers work in a wide number of industries, with a wide range of abilities necessary. These include everything from basic circuit theory to project management skills. Individual engineers may require a wide range of tools and equipment, from a simple voltmeter to a high-end analyzer to sophisticated design and manufacturing software.
The Universities and Colleges of Electrical Engineering in South Africa are listed below:
- Electrical Engineering, B.Eng. – At University of Pretoria
- Electrical Engineering – Unisa
- UCT Department of Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Wits University
- National N Diploma: Electrical Engineering* | Damelin
- Master of Engineering: Electrical | Durban University of Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering | Stellenbosch University
- Electrical Engineering | Mangosuthu University of Technology
- Berea Technical College Dept Of Electrical Engineering
- Power Engineering – Course & Programmes | Vaal University
- Electrical Engineering At UJ
- National N Diploma: Electrical Engineering | ICESA Education
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering – Engineering | NWU
- CPUT Dept Of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Wamalloy Engineering College Dept Of Electrical Engineering