Bianca Buitendag (born 9 November 1993) is a South African professional surfer. who qualified to represent South Africa at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Bianca Buitendag Age
She was born on the 9th of November 1993 in Victoria Bay, Western Cape, South Africa. As of 2021, she is 28 years old and celebrates her birthday on November 9th every year.
She grew raised on the False Bay beach, just outside of Cape Town. She learnt to surf with her two brothers at the age of eight, thanks to her father’s support.
Her family relocated to the Southern Cape region of South Africa when she was twelve years old. When Bianca initially started school, she only spoke Afrikaans, so her parents chose to enroll her in an English school.
Collin Buitendag, her father, died in 2015. Despite this, she was able to finish at World No. 4 for the first time in her career. She was ranked No. 12 in the world the following year.
- 2016 Ranked 12th WSL
- 2015 Ranked 4th WSL
- 2015 2nd Swatch Women’s Pro – California
- 2015 3rd Van’s US Open of Surfing – California
- 2015 2nd Fiji Women’s Pro – Fiji
- 2015 2nd IO Rio Women’s Pro – Brazil
- 2014 Ranked 7th WSL
- 2014 3rd Target Women’s Maui Pro – Hawaii
- 2014 2nd Roxy Pro Gold Coast – Australia
- 2013 Ranked 8th WSL
- 2013 3rd Colgate Plax Girl’s Rio Pro – Brazil
Bianca Buitendag Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of $1 million which she has earned as a professional surfer.