Busisiwe Mkhwebane (born 2 February 1970) is a South African advocate who currently occupies the position of the public protector of South Africa from 2016.
She was appointed by former President Jacob Zuma.
|Full Name||Busisiwe Mkhwebane|
|Date of Birth||2nd of February 1970 (age 51 years old)|
|Net Worth||R10 million|
Busisiwe Mkhwebane Age
Busisiwe Mkhwebane was born in Bethal, Mpumalanga, South Africa on the 2nd of February 1970. She is 51 years old as of 2021.
In 1988, Busisiwe Mkhwebane rounded up her secondary school education at Mkhephula Secondary School.
She later attended the University of Limpopo (formerly called University of the North) were she graduated with a BProc and also an LLB. subsequently.
She subsequently obtained a diploma in corporate law and a higher diploma in tax from the University of Johannesburg (formerly Rand Afrikaans University).
She obtained a Masters degree in Business Leadership at the University of South Africa in 2010.
In 1994 Mkhwebane joined the Department of Justice as Public Prosecutor and consequently became the Legal Administrator Officer at the International Affairs Directorate in 1996.
She joined the South African Human Rights Commission as a Senior Researcher in 1998 and then a senior Investigator and acting provincial representative at the Public Prosecutor’s Office in 1998.
In October 2016, she was appointed Public Protector. She has also served as a board member for the Refugee Fund, where payments for financial assistance are made for refugees in distress.
She serves as the Director of Business Development at lyanilla Bricks. Here is a summary of the professional positions she has held:
- Legal Administration Office, International Affairs Directorate: December 1994 – August 1998
- Senior Researcher, South African Human Rights Commission: September 1998 – April 1999
- Senior Investigator and Acting Provincial Representative (Director) May 1999 – May 2005
- Director of Refugee Affairs. June 2005 – September 2009
- Acting Chief Director, Asylum Seekers Management. October 2009 – March 2010
- Counselor, Immigration and Civic Services April 2010- July 2014
- Director of Country Information and Cooperation Management July 2014 – September 2016
- Public Protector October 2016- Present