Deon Lotz (born 20 July 1964) is a South African film, television, and theatre actor known internationally for roles in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and Beauty (Skoonheid).
Deon Lotz Age
He was born on the 20th of July 1964 in Cape Town, South Africa. As of 2021, he is 57 years old and celebrates his birthday on July 20th every year.
In 2011, he starred in Oliver Hermanus’ film Beauty (Skoonheid), which was South Africa’s nomination for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2011 Academy Awards. In the 2013 film Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Lotz portrayed Kobie Coetzee.
Lotz has appeared in television shows from South Africa, Europe, and North America, including The Book of Negroes (2015), Wallander (2015), When We Were Black (2014), and Flight of the Storks (2014). (2012).
Lotz has appeared in a number of South African theatre productions, including Liefde, Anna, in which he co-starred with Sandra Prinsloo; an Afrikaans-language adaptation of Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull; and Moeder Moed en Haar Kinders, which is a translation of Bertolt Brecht’s Mother Courage.
- Nominee, Best Actor, Wrestlers, Fleur du Cap Theatre Awards, 2008
- Winner, Best Actor, Beauty, Zurich Film Festival, 2011
- Winner, Best Actor – Feature Film, Beauty, South African Film and Television Awards (SAFTA), 2012
- Winner, Best Supporting Actor, Faan se Trein, kykNET Silwerskeemfees, 2013
- Winner, Best Supporting Actor, Die Seemeeu, Klein Karoo Nasionale Kunstefees, 2015
- Winner, Best Supporting Actor, Moeder Moed en Haar Kinders, Klein Karoo Nasionale Kunstefees, 2015
- Nominee, Best Supporting Actor – Feature Film, Faan se Trein, South African Film and Television Awards (SAFTA), 2015
- Winner, Best Supporting Actor – TV Drama, When We Were Black, South African Film and Television Awards (SAFTA), 2016
Deon Lotz Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $400,000 which he has earned as an actor.