Lebogang Mashile (born 7 February 1979), is a South African author, executive producer, actress, poet, independent record producer, corporate and independent event MC, life skills facilitator/speaker and television series presenter.
Lebogang Mashile Age
She was born on 7 February 1979 in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States. Mashile is 43 years old as of 2022 and celebrates her birthday on February 7th every year.
Lebogang Mashile Career
Mashile, along with Napo Masheane, Ntsiki Mazwai, and Myesha Jenkins, formed the Feela Sistah Spoken Word Collective in March 2003. This quartet formed South Africa’s first poetry collective. Mashile made her film debut in Terry George’s Academy Award-nominated Hotel Rwanda, which depicted the horrific 1994 genocide of Rwanda’s Tutsi and moderate Hutu.
Mashile’s first book of poems, In A Ribbon Of Rhythm, was published in 2005. In the same year, Mashile self-produced and released Lebo Mashile Live!, a 19-track album that blends poetry with hip-hop, house, and R&B.
The album was recorded live with a nine-piece band and included studio collaborations with artists such as MXO, Tumi Molekane of Tumi and The Volume, and Zubz. It was released on her independent label, Mashile Productions.
- Art Lovers – Season 1
- Drawing the Line – Season 1 & 2 as Host
- It’s OK We’re Family – Season 1
- Journey to the Core – Season 1
- Mzansi Love – Season 2 (Kasi Style) as Lesego
- Red Cake – Not the Cooking Show – Season 1 as Celebrity Guest
- Tshisa – Season 1
Lebogang Mashile Books
- In a Ribbon of Rhythm, poetry (Oshun Books, 2005, ISBN 9781770070455)
- Flying Above the Sky, poetry (African Perspective, 2008, ISBN 9780620412414)
Lebogang Mashile Net Worth
Mashile has an estimated net worth of $300 000 which she has earned from her successful career.