Manemolla David Makhura (born 22 February 1968) is a South African politician and the Premier of Gauteng. He is currently serving as the 6th Premier of Gauteng.
He is a member of the African National Congress and also the trustee of the board of the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation.
In 2014, he became the Premier of Gauteng in 2014 after succeeding Nomvula Mokonyane.
|Full Name||Manemolla David Makhura|
|Date of Birth||22nd of February 1968 (age 53 years old)|
|Net Worth||R20 million|
David Makhura Age
He was born on the 22nd of February 1968 at Mara Buysdorp in Soutpansberg District of Limpopo province, near Mapungubwe World Heritage Site. As of 2022, he is 54 years old and celebrates his birthday on February 22nd every year.
David Makhura Wife
He is currently married to Mpho Makhura and together they have three children.
Career | Gauteng Premier
- 2014 – Present: Premier of Gauteng.
- Chairman of Mega Circle (Pty) Ltd.
- 2001 – 2004: Provincial Secretary, African National Congress
- 1998 – 2004: Member of the National Executive Committee, African National Congress Youth League.
- 1997 – 2001: Deputy General Secretary of National Health and Allied Workers’ Union.
- 1997 – 2001: National Education Secretary of National Health and Allied Workers’ Union.
- 1997 – 2007: Member of Central Executive Committee, Congress of South African Trade Unions.
- 1997 – 2007: Member of Political Commission and Education Committee, Congress of South African Trade Unions.
- 1994 – 1996: National President of South African Student Congress.
- 1990 – 1992: President of Student Representative Council, Turfloop University.
- 1990 – 1992: Chairman of Bantu Investment Holdings.
- 1990 – 1992: Ex-Officio Member of National Executive Committee
Premier: Mr David Makhura
Mail: Private Bag X61, Marshalltown, 2107
Street: Office of the Premier, East wing, 13th Floor, 30 Simmonds Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg
Tel: (011) 355 6138
Fax: (011) 836 9334
E-mail: [email protected]
He has an estimated net worth of R20 million which he has earned as a politician.