FW de Klerk (born 18 March 1936 in Johannesburg) was a South African politician and the former South African State president who served from 1989 to 1994.
He was also the Deputy President from 1994 to 1996. He was the 7th and the last head of the South Africa state under the apartheid era.
|Full Name||Frederik Willem de Klerk|
|Date of Birth||18 March 1936 (age 85 years old)|
|Net Worth||$46 million|
FW de Klerk Age
He was born on the 18th of March 1936 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He was 85 years old as of 2021.
FW de Klerk Wife
He got married to Marike Willemse in 1959 but they divorced in 1998. In 1998 he got married to his second wife Elita Georgiades.
FW de Klerk Children
He had three children from his first marriage to Marike Willemse one daughter and two sons who are Susan de Klerk, Willem de Klerk, and Jan de Klerk.
He had an estimated net worth of about $46 million making him stand amongst one of the richest politicians in South Africa.
Awards and Honours
- Order of Mapungubwe, State President of the Republic of South Africa
- Co-Recipient of Nobel Peace Prize with Nelson Mandela
- Philadelphia Liberty Medal, President Bill Clinton, USA
- Prix de Courage International, France
- Co-Recipient of UNESCO Houphouet-Boigny Peace Prize with Nelson Mandela
- Honorary LLD, University of Potchefstroom
- Honorary DPhil, University of Stellenbosch
- Decoration for Meritorious Service, State President of SA
- Honorary LLD, Bar-Ilan University
- Honorary DPhil, National University
- Executive Committee Member of Afrikaanse Studentebond at the University of Potchefstroom.
- Editor of the University of Potchefstroom Campus Newspaper.
- Vice-Chairman of the Students Representatives Council University of Potchefstroom.
A former South African President, Frederik de Klerk, is dead. Mr De Klerk, 85, died Thursday, his foundation announced in a statement.
Mr De Klerk was the last white man to rule South Africa, between September 1989 and May 1994.