Patrice Motsepe (born 28 January 1962) is a South African billionaire mining magnate. He is the founder and executive chairman of African Rainbow Minerals.
He has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Swaziland and a Bachelor of Law from Wits University.
|Full Name||Patrice Tlhopane Motsepe|
|Date of Birth||28 January 1962 (age 59 years old)|
|Net Worth||$2.1 billion|
Patrice Motsepe Age
He was born on the 28th of January 1962 in Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria, South Africa. As of 2021, he is 59 years old.
Patrice Motsepe Wife
Motsepe is married to Dr. Precious Moloi-Motsepe, and together they have three children.
Precious is a leading businesswoman, physician, entrepreneur, and also a philanthropist in South Africa. In 2012, she was named one of the country’s Most Influential Women.
Patrice Motsepe Children
Together with wife Precious Moloi, Motsepe has three children. He has three sons who are named Thlopie, Kgosi, and Kabelo Motsepe.
Patrice Motsepe House
He purchased a house in the exclusive suburb of Bishop’s court in Cape Town for R69 million in 2013.
The grand home, om a plot of 12000m², first hit the market for R98 million in 2011. In 2013 the European owner needed an urgent sale and slashed the price by R20 million.
Patrice Motsepe Cars
Motsepe’s garage is also mouth-watering. He owns a 2007 BMW 750 iL, Mercedes Benz S65 AMG, a Bentley Continental GT, and also BMW 760 Li.
He recently bought one of his children a Supercharged B7 Audi RS4 and he also owns a private jet.
Features of Patrice Motsepe House
- It has six en-suite bedrooms with dressing rooms.
- Floodlit tennis court, pavilion and swimming pool;
- A “predominantly” indigenous garden;
- The main bedroom suite that has a separate lounge with a fireplace and his and hers dressing rooms;
- Baronial-style lounge and a formal 24-seat dining room;
- Cigar lounge fit for a gentlemen’s club in the basement, with a climate-controlled wine cellar
- Gym, a music room, a cinema room, a billiard room and a 10-bay garage with a separate bay to have cars washed.
- House for an estate manager and the mansion has a staff wing.
- 2006 – Present: Non-Executive Director of Sanlam Life Insurance Limited.
- 2004 – Present: Deputy Chair of SANLAM Ltd.
- Present: Executive Chair, African Rainbow Minerals Ltd.
- Present: Non-Executive Director of Absa Bank Limited.
- Non-Executive Director of Barclays Africa Group Limited.
- 2003 – Present: Non-Executive Chair of Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited.
- 1997 – Present: Chair of Naledi Mining.
- 1995 – Present: Chair of Future Mining.
- 1995 – Present: President and Owner of Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club.
- Present: Chair of TEAL Exploration and Mining Incorporated.
- Present: Director of African Fashion International.
- 1995 – 1996: Partner of Bowman Gilfillan Attorneys.
- 1994 – 1995: Associate partner at Bowman Gilfillan Attorneys.
Awards and Honours
- South Africa’s Best Entrepreneur Award in 2002.
- In 2004 he was voted 39th in the SABC3’s Great South Africans.
- 2008 he was 503rd richest person in the world, according to the Forbes World Billionaires List.
Tel: 011 324 1500