Brian Molefe (born 1966 in Pretoria) is a South African businessman and former political activist. He was the chief executive officer of Public Investment Corporation, Transnet, Eskom.
As a politician, he was a member of Parliament for the ruling ANC. In late 2017, Molefe was briefly appointed as a military officer.
|Full Name||Brian Molefe|
|Date of Birth||1966 (age 55 years old)|
Portia Derby (divorced)
|Occupation||Businessman, Political Activist|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
Brian Molefe Age
He was born in the year 1966 in Pretoria, South Africa. As of 2021, he is 55 years old.
Brian Molefe Wife
Brian Molefe is married to Arethur Moagi, they both got married in December 2016. Prior to that time, 1993 to be precise he was married to Portia Derby.
Brian Molefe Family
Brian’s parents are SP Molefe, and he has two children: Itumeleng Molefe, Ipeleng Molefe.
- University of South Africa (South Africa) – Bachelor of Commerce
- University of London (United Kingdom) – Postgraduate Diploma – Economics
- University of South Africa (South Africa)- Masters – Business Leadership
- Harvard Business School (Boston, United States of America – Completed 2006) – Advanced Management Program
Brian is a former business executive at several state-owned enterprises in South Africa. In 2003, he was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Public Investment Corporation.
He occupied this position till 2010. Between 2011 and 2016, he held a similar position at Transnet, and also at Eskom between 2015 and 2016.
In January 2017 Molefe was sworn in as a member of Parliament. He resigned from the legislature in May 2017.
- Institutional Investor for the year (2008) – Awarded by Africa Investor Investments Awards
- Empowerment Leadership Award (2007) – Awarded by Wits Business School/Barloworld Empowerment Awards
- Newsmaker of the year (2006) – Awarded by Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals
- Investment specialist of the year (2004) – Awarded by Black Business Quarterly
- Financial services achiever of the year (2003) – Awarded by the Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals
He has an estimated net worth of about $3 million.