This post will guide you on how to register your business with CIPC in South Africa. There are five types of companies that you can register. If you wish to run a franchise business, you would register a private company.
If you wish to register a church, you would register a non-profit company. A private school could be registered as a private company or non-profit company, depending on its objectives.
An association of professionals such as lawyers, doctors, civil engineers, etc, may be registered as a personal liability company.
For personal liability companies, it is recommended that you consult the relevant regulatory or registration authority of such profession to confirm the type of company registration required
A company registration may vary between R125 and R475 (R125 for a private company, R475 for a non-profit company registered without members).
Things You Need in Order to Register Your Business
1. Visit the CIPC website www.cipc.co.za and click on On-line transacting/New E-services.
2. Complete your Username (e-mail address and Password. Click on Login.
3. Click on Company Registration.
4. Click on + Register a new Company.
5. If you have not applied for a name reservation yet, you can click on Apply for A Name.
6. If you applied for a name already, click on the type of company you would like to register.
7. Complete the required Enterprise information and click on Next
8. Complete the Enterprise Location information and click on Next
9. Click on + Add under Manage Directors to add directors to the company. You may save the information and continue later. Click on Next
10. Complete the Director’s detail and click on Verify Director Info.
11. You will receive a confirmation once each director has been verified. Click on OK.
12. Complete the contact details for each director and click on Next
13. Complete the location for the director and click on Next
14. The details of the director will display. Click on Edit of anything that needs to be changed, or +Add to add the next director. Repeat the steps until all directors of the company have been added. Click on Next.
15. To add an Auditor, click on Add and complete the required fields, or click on Next to Continue.
16. To add the Auditor, complete the Practice Number of the Auditor. Click on Next.
17. When clicking on “Shopping Cart”, all unpaid cart items will be listed. Select the transactions that you would like to pay, and click on “Add Item”. The relevant items will move to the bottom
of the screen under “Selected Items to pay”.
18. Complete required payment information and click on Pay.
19. The total amount will be reflected. Click on Proceed to Payment.
20. Authenticate the transaction and click on Continue.
21. A message will display, confirming that the cardholder has been authenticated. Click on OK.
22. A payment confirmation message will display. Click on OK.
23. To continue, click on the relevant menu button to proceed to the following transaction.